View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 12:28 AM   #220
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
To be honest, short of SAS/GSW/LAC or maybe a team like BOS/TOR clearing enough from the books to offer him a max deal, what incentive is there for him to leave? He's had a couple of years to entrench himself in this culture and on-court system and by all accounts, Carlisle and Cuban are deferring to him quite often. Doesn't mean Rick is always going to give him the green light or always close with him (and TBH, I think we can all say in retrospect that it's good that Parsons was eased in the way he was) but it sounds like he is as close to a de facto front office extension as there is in the league. With the Mavs being able to offer him the keys to the offense going forward AND the most money (factoring in taxes and our ability to give slightly higher salary than other teams with "max space" on their cap) I don't see why he'd leave. I do see a scenario where, if we don't call him literally the instant free agency starts, another team rolls out the red carpet for him and he bolts. I would expect he's going to be absolutely top priority for the front office this summer. If we don't re-sign him, it's because we didn't offer him everything we could... and that would really be a shame.
I'm just trying to put myself into his shoes. What incentive is there to stay? I've heard ramblings about Orlando which I believe is his hometown. I'd question if they are willing to do what they did with Tobias Harris again since they just let him go.

But this team doesn't have any youth. It doesn't really have a future with Dirk being on his last legs though still playing at a solid level.

What can this organization sell ANYONE to come here? That you get to live in the great DFW area? IT would be a lot easier to sell this team if you had some pieces and some youth. The little youth we do have can't get on the court.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote