View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #222
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'm just trying to put myself into his shoes. What incentive is there to stay? I've heard ramblings about Orlando which I believe is his hometown. I'd question if they are willing to do what they did with Tobias Harris again since they just let him go.

But this team doesn't have any youth. It doesn't really have a future with Dirk being on his last legs though still playing at a solid level.

What can this organization sell ANYONE to come here? That you get to live in the great DFW area? IT would be a lot easier to sell this team if you had some pieces and some youth. The little youth we do have can't get on the court.
Winning culture, Top 5 coach, best training staff in the NBA, an owner who is willing to spend $$ to make his team better, Dallas is a great place to raise a family, large media market. Not saying these are reasons anyone would want to come here, but I think they are solid selling points. Of course you have to sell the free agent on being a building block going forward. We may lack youth, but sell them on the fact that you're expecting them to take the next step and making them the best player they can be.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote