View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #223
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Winning culture, Top 5 coach, best training staff in the NBA, an owner who is willing to spend $$ to make his team better, Dallas is a great place to raise a family, large media market. Not saying these are reasons anyone would want to come here, but I think they are solid selling points. Of course you have to sell the free agent on being a building block going forward. We may lack youth, but sell them on the fact that you're expecting them to take the next step and making them the best player they can be.
The problem I have with signing Parsons to a max deal is that he, along with Matthews, will tie our hands for several years on being able to sign young players near Parsons caliber. If we are damn sure his ceiling hasn't been reached, and he will be the catalyst going forward, then we should probably resign him to a max deal.
But if he is at or near his ceiling it will be virtually impossible to sign another big name FA and our only hope is getting damn lucky with a lotto bust player or someone like that.

I personally don't feel Parsons has that much more upside but that is what we'll be signing him for....the upside. It's tough for me to see us pay any non-allstar max money but that is what will probably need to happen.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote