View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 10:18 PM   #91
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Derrick Johnson = Karlos Dansby...don't see too much of a huge impact coming from him...
your distaste for anything Big XII is getting old.
DJ has been one of the TOP 3 playmaking linebackers in college football since his sophomore season.
uh, Dansby was an All-American. they're both fantastic college players, but they don't possess an immediate threat to be gamebreakers in the NFL...really, no linebacker does. Johnson will be a great player in his career eventually, but not for at least 4 to 5 years. just like Dansby.

it's funny that you point out my 'distaste' for the Big XII when we're not even talking about college ball...the SEC has more first round picks and more players in the NFL than I can even keep track of. would I be wrong if I said Ronnie Brown was a better overall player than Benson? or would that be because of my 'distaste' of the Big XII?
whatever End - I refuse to argue speculation.
Johnson has a magnetic attraction to the football which superceeds his position or experience. Those who pass on him will regret the move.

And yes, you'd be wrong. Ronnie Brown = KiJana Carter