View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 02:24 AM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
And it's thinking like that that led to Nash wrongly being awarded his 2nd MVP.

First of all, let's give the kid some credit for his own development because he's the one who put in the work. I watched quite a bit of Eurobasket 2005 and Diaw was the best player on a French team with Tony Parker and Mikael Pietrus.

5-0 and Fintastic have already pointed out how he benefited from the Suns system so I won't go into that.

I will say that Diaw is not a finisher like Amare and Marion. In fact, he's an initiator himself. He came into his own early in the season while coming off the bench. The Suns didn't have a competent backup PG so D'Antoni ran the offense through Diaw and it worked our really well. Eventually he moved into the starting lineup but he still handled the ball quit a bit. One of their most effective sets was the high low game with Diaw and Marion.

And I'm sure you remember the WCF when he was doing most of his damage by taking Dirk and our centers off of the dribble.

Boris Diaw is not a Nash creation but since it's a feel good story we (and by we I mean you and the media) give him the credit.
Hey, I'm not knocking the kid. I recognized right away that the Suns fleeced the Hawks in that Johnson deal. The kid can play.

But...he faces a lot less defense in that Nash-led offense than he would on just about every other team in the NBA, doesn't he?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote