View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
JJB is the real deal. I'm honestly getting a bit tired of all the whining about the guy. Yes, he is far from a great defender. Yes, he's too small. Yes, he needs to be a bit more judicious with how long he holds on to the ball. But the guy is just plain good. The Mavs are lucky to have him as our backup PG--he's a hell of a lot better than what other teams are rolling out there, and he's one of the reasons the Mavs have probably the best bench in the NBA.
With you on that.

My only complaint is that I'm not sure how much I like him taking shots at the end of the game though...

Other than that, he does everything we need him to do:
- Energy
- Instant offense
- Penetration
- Takes care of the ball

To think...we wanted Lue to back us up last year...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote