View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #19
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
As much as I appreciate your completely subjective, totally arbitrary list, I (obviously) disagree. The Mavs have the highest scoring bench in the NBA (37.9 pts). As far as I'm concerned, scoring is the most important thing a bench does. Thus, the Mavericks have the best bench in the NBA.

Only two of the four you listed (Utah and Denver) are even arguable. The fact that you'd say that this year's Lakers bench is better than the Mavs' either tells me: 1) you still think it's the 07-08 season, or 2) you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I thought it was widely common knowledge that the Lakers' bench this year has massively underperformed. I guess common knowledge eludes you?

As for Portland, are you kidding me? Their bench sure didn't look better than the Mavs' when JJB and Bass were running them (and their starters, for that matter) up and down the court for an entire half in Portland on X-mas.

I also find it humorous that your list probably doesn't include a single player who's having a better year than Terry. All of those benches, except maybe Utah's, are relatively top-heavy, so the fact that none of them have a better player than Terry sure says a lot.
Lol. You call my list subjective, yet discount Portland's bench because of their performance solely against THE MAVERICKS this year. Portland's bench is far better and that is not really debatable. Don't even try that "our bench leads the NBA in bench scoring." That's BS and you know it. Terry is a starter and plays starter minutes. No other team has a starter like Terry come off the bench in that capacity sans S.A at times with Manu. Without Terry our bench scores a whopping 18 PPG. Our bench is only 4 deep. MC, Green and Hollins hardly ever play, with MC and Green being essentially worthless, and Hollins not being a scorer.

So you're telling me you think Bass, Singleton and JJB constitute the best bench in the NBA?

You are really coming off ignorant right now by bringing up Terry every 5 words. OBVIOUSLY those benches don't have a player who's a better scorer than Terry, because they are BENCHES, composed of reserves. Terry is a starting NBA PG/SG. Guess what? ONE player does not make a bench. The rest of our bench is solid, but far from the NBA's best.

If NJ suddenly decided to bring Carter off the bench, guess what? They'd have the highest scoring bench in the NBA! Would that make them the best bench in the NBA?

Look at Portland. Outlaw averages 13 a game. Rudy 10. Oden 9. Sergio and Frye 5 each. That's called balance. It isn't top heavy like our bench. And it goes 7 deep. Our bench goes 4 deep. Denver's bench is deep and complimentary. Our bench uses no real center, no defensive stopper, one legitimate scorer in Terry. A solid backup PF in Bass, a solid backup PG in Barea and a energy guy in Singleton. Using your logic, Denver's bench is superior because they killed us four times this year while ours sucked.

Take off the homer glasses.

Last edited by CadBane; 04-09-2009 at 02:12 AM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote