View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Been away for the weekend, but I REALLY liked the later picks in the draft. It's true that we didn't grab some DL help, but we got some damn good players where we did.

The first two picks were mind bending, but two guys I think will be productive. It's just they were picked way above slot and had everyone wondering why.

Terrence Williams was huge value in the 3rd. Great size and production from a WR and should offer plenty of insurance should Dez or Austin go down, which seems to be at least a few times a year. Remember, Cowboys did not have a sure-fire answer to the 3rd WR spot, and now they have one. Also, people forget that when Laurent Robinson emerged, Austin lined up in the slot quite often, and both players were productive. I see the same thing happening, perhaps with role reversals.

It seems Wilcox was the safety the Cowboys really liked, so I have to trust the scouts. He was their target after Cyprien and they were ecstatic when the Steelers didn't take him. He only has one season of ball under him at safety, but I'll take that as a positive. He was productive and get only get better. Also, position of need and Monte Kiffin got his guy.

Webb is another guy who Kiffin simply wanted. He was on air stating that this was a pick for depth and pone they believe will solidfy the secondary, at least at the corners. I should add, that listening to Webb and Wilcox, they seem like bright kids with a team-first additude that should make for excellent teammates as well.

Randle was an awesome get in the 5th. Gone are the days of Felix and Dunbar spelling Murray. This kid will impress with his speed and ability to catch out of the backfield. They have been comparing him to be a shiftier Murray with durability and production.

My vote for the Cowboy's version of a "steal" is Holloman. The guy is converted player, playing linebacker after switching from safety. He will add some size and knowledge to the position as he goes and adds young depth to the linebacking core. Had it not been for a DWI at 19, I think he could have been taken in the 3rd round. At the very least, the Boys should get a plus special teamer and a linebacker with plus pass coverage that only took a 6th rounder to get.

Again, the later picks salvaged this draft. I thought the first day and the second round were not very good, but again, I hope to be pleasantly surprised with both. I think Frederick can start right away at C or OG and improve the line (he was also a favorite of Callahan's, let's not forget). Escobar has drawn so wicked comparisons but is a TE who can't block and I thoguht the emergence of Hanna made that position of strength with Witten.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote