View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:15 AM   #55
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Pray to God we have a competent coach/owner that can draft by then.
Unfortunately the owner aint going anywhere. As for the coach, my money's on Gruden. Jerry will probably talk to Cowher (if he hasn't already), but I don't think Cowher wants to coach badly enough to even try to work for Jerry. Gruden OTOH would love the opportunity. I could see Jerry and him co-existing much more easily than I could Jerry and Cowher. Beyond that, he definitely wants to coach somewhere.

Either way, as stubborn as he is, I think Jerry is at least smart enough to understand that he can't hire another yes man. The whole world knows the Cowboys are in this mess because of his refusal to hire a competent coach. His reputation with Cowboys fans and the entire national media is hanging by a thread. As much as it may pain him to give up some control of the team, he has to know that he just can't afford to hire another Wade Phillips.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote