View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 03:13 PM   #185
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I just think that from an organizational standpoint, the biggest issue in my mind, and yes, admittedly, I'm not a big RC fan, is RC. This is not personal. He's a greatly respected coach with more skins than anybody not HoF. I just think he's a "fit" issue for the Mavs in today's NBA based upon the Mavs' lack of FA success as well as style of play and offensive system. He's the single, largest, constant factor over the years when it comes to players and FA. Nobody spends as much time with players aside from other players than coaches. Like has been mentioned before, in the end it'll eventually fall on him, but the wait can be excrutiating for the fan base. Look how long Garrett was head of the Cowboys.
I've never considered this, but honestly I think you might be onto something here. Carlisle greatly respected, but he's also known for having a prickly personality going all the way back to his days in Detroit, and he's downright infamous for not being a "players' coach."
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote