View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 10:56 AM   #17
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
He was not "unselfish" in 2011. He was incredibly overwhelmed and simply not ready for that big moment and his performance reflected that.
I think he absolutely was too unselfish in 2011. I don't think the "big moment" was the problem. He didn't take nearly enough shots, because he was expecting Wade to be the primary scorer. Even if he was "overwhelmed and simply not ready," those things are not mutually exclusive. Both things can be true. He took eleven shots in all of game 4 (a game I was at by the way.) Overwhelmed or not, that is by definition too unselfish.

Either way, again, there's no evidence anywhere in his career to suggest that he would refuse to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a team. Indeed, I think he has wanted exactly that for years. I think he would be overjoyed to not have to be the first option for once.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-07-2024 at 11:01 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote