View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
good grief. you are off your rocker.
Just because the team wants to win really, really, really bad means that any coach could get them to the finals? That's just nuts. Didn't Avery bring that motto in the first place? We barely sniffed a championship before he was here, and things aren't looking so great now that he's gone. Avery was the right coach at the right time that finals year. Something fell apart during the finals (and the refs had more to do with it than Avery), and that something is still fallen apart. It could very easily be Josh Howard or Jason Terry.

Are you kidding? Did you even read what I said? Any coach could get them to the finals? That's the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I said.

If you have a championship contender in need of a coach, you hire someone with experience. Jeez.

And no, Avery was not the right coach... EVER. Dirk got us to the finals. Dirk. Not Avery. Dirk. Yeah, the refs screwed us, but not half as hard as Avery did. I've never seen a team favored to win a title suddenly forget how to set picks, or throw entry passes before the shot clock expires, or move without the ball. Simple, basic, kindergarten fundamentals like this were just not in Avery's playbook.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-10-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote