View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #129
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Mejri is the one who people should be clamoring for more minutes. 6 pts and 4 blocks in 9 blocks, and he basically controlled the defense when he was in there. Seriously, if blocking Durant isn't going to get you minutes then what will?
Yeah and that is what struck a nerve when I heard Rick say Lee will play the 5. I figured Mejri would get some burn against the Thunder because he had such great games the other two meetings, and because Lee wasn't fully acclimated to our system, but I'm sure there are several DNPs coming Mejri's way as Lee becomes more involved.

Without either Mejri or McGee in the game we'll have problems defending. This team simply has to be hot 40+ MPG on jumpers (and layups) because that is our only chance of beating the elite teams. Doing that in a multi-game series is nearly impossible....especially elite teams that are strong defensively.
I'd rather take my chances with Mejri and/or McGee as backup centers because they have the ability to disrupt opponents' offensive flow. Unfortunately Rick seems to see them as disrupters to our offensive flow.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-26-2016 at 10:59 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote