View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #165
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Yeah, its ridiculous. I play basketball, and its obvious that my jump shot is like infinitely worse than Dirk's, but still. Free throws aren't hard to make, and it makes me wonder why Shaq refuses to learn. However, I have trouble making more than 5 or 6 FT's in a row. I know if I shot more of them (because its much sexier to practice 3's) I'd be better, could hit more, could shot higher than my measly 70%-ish. So maybe 15 in a row at some point when shooting 100 total. But on that 16th, it'll go just a little bit to the right, and rattle out. Or a little far, and bounce straight up and then off the rim.

I cannot even imagine what Dirk's done.
You can correct shooting form and delivery and practice shooting 1000 FTs a day like crazy and develop a great muscle memory but the one underrated aspect of this is concentration. It is this subliminal quality of being able to focus on every single play that separates Dirk from other great players. I think the only other player who is "locked in" like that is Kobe. It's not that he doesn't make mistakes but his mistakes are rarely a result of a lack of focus.

Last edited by aurelino9; 04-19-2010 at 05:27 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote