View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #171
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
They count them separately for exactly that reason. Individual records make sense when all players have a level playing field to compete in. Aaron Brooks made the most 3 pointers in the NBA this season but Kidd may well pass his total if the Mavs go deep in the playoffs but Brooks shouldn't be penalized for being on a lottery team as far as individual record is concerned. That doesn't take diminish Kidd's achievement. Just that it makes sense to measure playoff accomplishments separately.
Well I'm not an idiot. Regular season totals obviously should be counted separately. I was talking about streaks.

How would counting Dirk's free throw shooting streak as it continues into the playoffs make for an uneven playing field? You can still add to the streaks from the players who missed the playoffs this season as next season starts (I am not nearly as impressed by those kinds of streaks, but whatever). Your example is almost completely irrelevant to this discussion, aurelino9.

Last edited by particleman; 04-20-2010 at 01:51 AM.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote