View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #172
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I just were on Spurstalk and read (I didn't post any) some of those comments there. So many (but not all of them!) of those people are only bitching, whining and moaning about the calls Dirk got. It's ridiculous. If Manu had gotten those calls or even Tim, I'm sure they wouldn't say anything at all. If the Spurs had received 34 and the Mavs 14 (no, I won't subtract hack-a-damp now), everything would have been fair in their opinion... I'm sure a lot of those people would say that. Homers, just grow a pair.

I admit that Tim probably should have gotten a few calls more because of being banged in the post by Haywood/Damp. Yes, I'll give them that. At least some people didn't complain about those FT's Dirk got, but about some lack of FT's for SA. That's something I can accept way more. However, more FT's for Tim is not that much of a biggie, because his major weakness is FT-shooting.

But simply, if you touch a player on his arm while he's shooting, it's a foul. It doesn't matter if the shooter draws the contact or if he gets fouled intentionally. Contact on the arm equals a foul, period. And yes, Drk is good at drawing fouls. There is no difference rulebook for the playoffs and the regular season (some of the guys at ST came up with different ways handling fouls during RS and playoffs). IMO those people really need to read the rules again. The calls Dirk got were clear fouls. And the comparison to Wade in 2006 is a joke. Wade rammed the Elbow into Dirk and got a whistle, travelled and got a whistle etc... the list is endless.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-20-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote