View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 11:46 PM   #582
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) Of course we are disappointing compared to the 76ers. They have a better roster and the 1st seed. If the Mavs falling short of the 1 seed in the East (with or without Embiid) is the difference between satisfaction and disappointment, you will be disappointed. They have a better roster, but also:

2) The Mavs HAVE beaten players without KP or Doncic. We've won 7 games without KP. We're 1-0 when we are only missing Luka (although 0-2 when missing both). You may not remember those games or think about them, but the Mavs have beaten people without KP/Doncic. Bucks have won two games without Giannis. That doesn't mean much. 76ers have gone 7-6 without Embiid despite being the 1 seed in the East. Mavs have kept up in their games without major players (and have missed their starters/important reserves far more often)

3) The Mavs are good. 7-3 over the last ten. 3rd best team in the league in net rating over the last month. If you want to be disappointed in their healthy play? Well, I guess you are just disappointed in the Mavs. I honestly don't know what to say.
I don't think a Sixers team without Embid is all that much more talented than the Mavs. I'd take Luka and KP over anyone outside of Embid.

And yes I am disappointed in the Mavs. Not sure how any MAvs fan can't be unless you didnt' think they were very good to begin with.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote