View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

These are just some of the reasons I can see the others and it's not just based on numbers, it's based on importance to the team or other things I mentioned in the original thread:

Cassel - for not playing a real pro football game ever, and not really playing since College, to come in when all seemed lost for the Patriots and to do what he has done is incredibly impressive. He's earned himself a massive paycheck.

Favre - the whole summer of will he or won't he? Going to a new conference, learning a new system and being the face of a team on the rise when people didn't know if he had anything left in the tank or if he was fully committed to the game. He isn't the only reason for the success of the Jets, but he's a major part of it.

Eli - people say the QB is the leader of your team, he then is the leader of the best team in football. He answered the bell last year and he hasn't done anything to hurt his stock this year. He's gotten a lot better, a lot less mistakes and more touchdowns. The running game helps, but you still need a man to throw the ball. He doesn't have the best or most consistent options either to throw to.

I'm liking what Cassel is doing the more I think about it.