View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 02:29 PM   #36
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

<< CB - Marshall signed a 3 year deal for $15Mil. That's the maximum allowable under an exception, a pretty steep price to pay for a guy like Marshall. And just like Ben Wallace, his rebounding numbers are inflated by playing in the worthless eastern conference. I read that in 2002, he averaged a full 2 rebounds more against Eastern Conference opponents than he did against Western Conference foes. Throught his career he's been average. Disappointing and average. We had bigger holes to fill this offseason. We didn't need to use our whole exception and lock up long term money on just another average guy. >>

my bad. i thought he had signed a 3 year $9 million deal. maybe i'm thinking of keon clark. you may think i'm speculating too much, but i would think that if the mavs had shown interest in marshall, he would have signed for less for a chance at a championship just as keon clark did.

btw, i don't consider marshall a rebounding monster, but the reason i like him is that he is an effective player both inside and outside which gives the mavs more versatility as most of the mavs are primarily perimeter players. i'm not looking to add the next superstar to the mavs. i don't think the mavs need another superstar with an ego, which is what rashard could have been. you underestimate the potential risk to team chemistry if you add another player who believes he should be an all-star a la rashard lewis.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote