View Single Post
Old 02-09-2002, 02:58 AM   #6
China

China is on a distinguished road

I live in Los Angles, but I don't like lakers. I am a fan of Mav and Wang.

I probably have the most to say about Wang because I grew up in China and watched lots of his games before I came to this country in 1998. Wang is a very popular play in China not only because he is tall but that he can make smooth moves, spins, hooks, blocks and long-range shots.

However, in China he doesn't try that many 3 pointers as he does in Mav. I guess the coach told him to shoot more. Yet, with his height and skills, he can become a very effective player inside given more time. I know how hard it is for a new comer to get adjusted to the life here, particularly to a person like him who has never learned to speak English. Plus, to win the trust from your teammates takes time, let alone learning to handle those dirty plays?. Remember during the game against Lakers how much he wanted the ball from Nash, Finley, and they chose to shoot themselves intead of passing?

In all, Mav. is a very exciting team and will be a better team if they can trade Finley+Bradly for a real power center. Hats off to the coaching and management team for their guts to get so many overseas players in and the minutes they give
to them!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]