View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bucks fire Porter one week before NBA draft

Bucks fire Porter one week before NBA draft

FOXSports.com

The Milwaukee Bucks have fired Terry Porter as their head coach, less than one week before the club is due to make the first selection in the NBA Draft.

Porter was 71-93 in two seasons as the Bucks' coach, but was entering the final year of his contract.

Bucks general manager Larry Harris confirmed the move in a press release issued by the team Wednesday.

"The past six weeks have been consumed by my continued evaluation of our coaching situation and the basketball challenges going into the new season," Harris said. "I have concluded after much thought that we need to go in a new direction with respect to the head coaching position. My job is to make our team the very best it can be and that often means making difficult decisions such as this one."

Former Minnesota Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders is among those being mentioned as a candidate to replace Porter.

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote