l3igballer23 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dirk trade?

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Originally posted by: l3igballer23
Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Sam Smith writes an article, and suddenly there are "rumors". There are no rumors, only Smith's crap column.

I'm not trading Dirk for KG, nor would I trade KG for Dirk.

In a couple of years, if Cuban can't get Dirk to sign an extension and if the Mavs haven't won a title, then it might be time to deal.

But for the moment, unless Cleveland calls up and offers LeBron, Dirk stays put.
You wouldn't trade Dirk for KG straight up? That sounds like major homerism. KG is a more complete player. That is my unbiased opinion. I am not a Dirk or KG fan, but you're kidding yourself if you wouldn't trade for Dirk for KG.
No, it isn't homerism. Nor did I say that KG would not be an upgrade over Dirk. But considering that the Mavs just posted the second most wins in franchise history, and he is our franchise player and only 26 years old, and seems to improve portions of his game virtually every single year, I'm just not willing to let him go unless its for someone that I'm CERTAIN has more upside than Dirk. At this point, rather than blow the team up AGAIN, I'm willing to wait to see if Dirk can further close the gap between he and KG. If Dirk improves his low post game and passing skills, that gap will close. He'll never be the defender that KG is, but Dirk's offensive versatility is far superior to Garnett's.

KG is definitely a more complete player, but he comes with own set of problems as well. He's not always as aggressive at attacking the basekt as you would expect him to be, and can not be counted on to generate offense. Do you think Garnett was Minnie's go-to guy last year? Hell no. It was Cassell always coming up with the big shots. Again, don't get me wrong, Garnett is awesome - but the drop off between he and Tim Duncan is pretty significant.

Besides, how often are franchise players traded for OTHER franchise players? Shaq, TMAC, Chris Webber....what did those teams get in return?

And again, what and who is claiming Minnie is looking to deal KG? Do their salaries even come close to matching? Does this article have any basis in reality?
"but the drop off between he and Tim Duncan is pretty significant."-

That's just not true. KG was playing on a bad knee for most of the year and he still managed to score 22 and pull down 13 rebs a game. If he was completely healthy like last year, I'm certain Minny would have made the playoffs.

Also, didn't Orlando recieve "the franchise" in return for TMAC? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
l3igballer23 is offline   Reply With Quote