View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #79
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
Count me in that small group as well then. I think the reason I loved the second one so much was because it had so much plot to get through as well as a lot of great philisophical dialogue.

I've noticed this in other trilogies as well - Lord of the Rings, the old Star Wars flicks, etc. - the middle movie is always my favorite because, after setting up the trilogy with the first flick, the story begins to really flow with the second and you really begin to get a feel for the movies. Then, after the second film ends they leave you hanging until the third, which just ties up all the loose ends and rolls out the happy ending (which is a little predictable, hence less enjoyable).
Man, this shocks me. To me, the original Matrix is an actual great movie, complete with great action and a plot this is fairly simple, not contrived. I LOVED the original Matrix.

The next two....were ok, and really, traded upon what the first one did. Had they stood alone, on their own, they would have been very below average movies, IMO.

I just couldn't stand all the heavy handed rhetoric in the second one especially. They tried to play it off as philosophical, but I certainly wasn't buying.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote