View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #85
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Not at all. I believe that most religions have a part correct, but none of them have it all.

I was brought up in a Baptist church, but they miss some. Drinking for instance -- they don't believe in any alcohol, I believe that Jesus turned water into wine (alcohol). If Jesus was sinless like I believe, then he couldn't have made something to cause others to sin. He also drank it at the last supper.

IMO, Baptist miss this here, although I understand where they are coming from. Drinking alcohol is not a sin, drinking to excess is though.

Seventh Day Adventist have the Saturday as the sabbath correct, IMO.

Jews have the correct feasts. ETC.

So no, I don't think my religion is correct, since I don't really have a definitive religion.

I am a member at a Baptist church, but I wouldn't call myself a true Baptist.
That's kinda hard to pin down, SpottedDog. You speak a lot about "Truth"--and I certainly respect your obviously firmly held beliefs. But you seem to suggest that this Truth can only be found on your own, not through one religion or the other.

And that leads me to wonder...if Truth is so readily available, why hasn't one religion found it, after all this time?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote