View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #45
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Hey I was there in the 90's at Reunion with my feet up on the seat in front of me because there was plenty of room to spread out, so please spare me tht lecture.

I am GREATLY enjoying the season. We all are.

I'm just saying, the bar has been raised. The expectations are high. We're spoiled. It's impressive how far they've come, it really is. We've been enjoying that part for a while now.

I just think that the Mavs have come as far as they can now, and there's nothing else to "celebrate" until they win a title. They beat SA...they beat Phx...they're the best regular season team this year...they have a West Conf champ banner....

"51 of 56" to me sounds like we're now digging a little too deep for things to celebrate because we're stuck between all that other stuff and the thing that we REALLY want.

Go ask Dirk or Avery what they think about "51 of 56."

see the look on Averys' face in my signature? That's the answer you'd get.
There is so much ignorance in comparing yourself...a fan...to Avery Johnson. I want a championship...but this 56 game run is one of the greatest runs in history! They are paid to give that look. I hated it when Don Nelson played the underdog card. Absolutly hated it, but it was true for the most part. The expectations are high. But the spoiled fans are the ones that are poo-pooing on the celebration of what is happening; not the ones finding things to get excited about. Find joy in it. Do you wanna know why? Avery won't say anything about a 51 of 56 game run. He'll say to take it one game at a time and the ultimate goal is a championship. But one game at a time is what needs to be enjoyed, celebrated and then moved on from. What happens if, heaven forbid, the Mavs don't win the ring? Then you've been pissy for the entire season, then you'll be pissy through the playoffs, then you'll be pissy throughout the offseason. That's no way to celebrate YOUR team. What's more, that's no way to converse with other fans on these type of boards.

Now, I'm not calling you out. I really enjoy most of your posts. This thread just bothered me a lot. We should be excited that our MVP candidate, in this stretch, is doing something that even my idol MJ couldn't do. This team is accomplishing feats that no one else has done. That's pretty awesome! Then you got guys like ol' Randy Galloway that says this Mavs team couldn't hold the jockstraps of the 80's Mavs. I'm just greatful for the Mavs, this streak, this time of our lives when we can finally hold our heads high and proclaim to be Mavs fans and actually have some solid ground to stand on.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote