View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #60
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So wait...did you read Mavdog's post?

Because this:

...is referring to YOU, Silk. Are you willing to accept Murphy's statement that he was kidding, and that he in fact does belive that race has nothing to do with the ability to read?

Because you don't appear to be willing to accept his explanation. If that's the case him labeling his post with smileys or a sarcasm label would have made no difference to you and your ability to drop the race card at a moment's notice.

BTW, there are well established, well respected members of this board that are not white, and no one, before you, has ever laid down a blanket accusation of this board and its moderators as being racist. So maybe you need to look in the mirror on this one.
Dont tell me what I have to accept? Your job as a moderator is to "CORRECT" this type of things as it happens. Your job is NOT to take sides and decide who MUST accept jokes of racist sarcasm. Nobody has to ACCEPT racist sarcasm. You sound silly. Racist sarcasm has NO place here PERIOD. Mavdog was making a blank statement for all sides, BUT it all starts with the RACIST REMARKS. PERIOD!!! Rather said in sarcasm or not. PERIOD. Now, when you as a moderator feed into this it makes it worse. I emailed a couple of moderators on this issue as well, to see what would be done. What was done? Tell me what did YOU as a moderator do about this racist post? Dont worry about me, do what is right about Racist remarks. It should not be made PERIOD.

Now, sarcasm about other things is fine, but when online, just use the sarcastic rolles face, but when it comes to racist jokes, it has no place.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote