View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 01:02 PM   #44
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Oh it's fair. And the fact that Donnie is suing the Mavs because they didn't make him GM for eternity begs the question whether he was purposely sabotaging moves near the end of his tenure. FA 2019 til the day he was fired has to be some of the worst GMing in league history.

This move is full proof in almost every way. It's hilarious seeing reactions from Lakers fans that they can't make moves like this because the league and teams are out to get them. LMAO.
20+ years of bad drafting is the biggest indictment against Donnie. In Donnie's entire tenure, I can count on one hand the number of Mavs first round picks that weren't completely wasted. And that INCLUDES Dirk and Luka. Josh Howard, Devin Harris, Dennis Smith Jr.... That's it.

While the Wood trade was an absolute home run- grand slam- even, I'm really looking forward to seeing how well Nico can draft. Because I firmly believe that smart drafting the bedrock of how great teams are built. All the good trades in the world can't make up for bad drafting. Even if you're a title contender drafting near the bottom every year, a great GM can and needs to find value with those late picks to keep the title window open. The Spurs did it year after year after year. The Warriors got Jordan Poole at #28. There are countless examples. I'm not saying you have to get stars, but you at least need guys who are solid rotation players and can contribute to winning basketball.

That's why I'm desperately hoping Josh Green actually becomes something. We really needed to hit on that pick, because we're probably not going to have a better one any time in the foreseeable future. He's still only 21, so I haven't written him off yet, but man, for the first two years, that has basically been a wasted pick, and we CANNOT afford to waste our picks. It hurts to think how much better off and how much closer to a title we'd be if we had drafted Desmond Bane like everyone in the basketball world was saying we should instead of Josh "Who the F*ck Are You" Green.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote