View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #85
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I don't think it's that he's white, or German, or a Maverick, that denies him the respect/spotlight

Dirk just looks too goofy doing what he does. He's a big dorky looking goof who runs funny and makes awkward moves to the basket and ugly turn around fade aways. The thing is, is that he's really really good at it.

But in this SportsCenter sports culture of ours, people want to see dunks, or kobe doing a crazy reverse layup, or whatever. It looks "smooth" and it looks "cool" and it's just generally a sexier presentation than the big German.

Whatever. I'll take a nice 10 of 14 shooting night with 28 points, in 30 minutes any day of the week compared to that 11 of 33 performance by a certain near-convict yesterday.

viva la Dirk.
I think you nailed it on the head here. Its not about playing well, its about how you look while you are playing well.

In the words of Charles Wright:

"It’s not what you look like, when you’re doin´ what you’re doin´.
It’s what you’re doin´ when you’re doin´ what you look like you’re doin´!"