View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #93
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
what I said is that is was only "human nature"...I did not mean to have those words understood as "The only reason people may dislike Dirk is jealousy" I apologize for my lack of clarity.

But I do feel that in Dirk's case...pettiness/jealousy is a likely motive for dislike. But to be clear...not the only potential reason. Flat out racism could be a reason...or as we mentioned...his lack of "coolness" combined with his amazingly uncanny skill could easily be a reason.
When you say that it's only human to dislike somebody who is better at your game than you, you're implying that the lack of respect is driven by blacks. Are saying that the black media treats Dirk differently than the white media?

The problem with your perception of overall media disrespect is that it's shaped by every negative Dirk article that you've ever read when, as Wraith mentioned, the perception of him has changed over the years.

Do I think most media members would consider him a top 5 player? Probably not right now but they would have before the Golden State series. His reputation took a hit after that series and it should have.