View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #30
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I don't disagree that he misread the salary cap landscape post-championship, but let's be fair... nobody knew the NBA was going to get that historic TV deal either. For all we knew, we'd be sitting at a $65-75M cap in perpetuity. Doesn't excuse all of the failed maneuvering, but it is worth noting.

And I think something we seem to be doing right this summer is signing virtually everybody we get to multi-year deals. Even if it's end-of-roster league minimum guys, having control like that over the long-term is going to be really valuable. It remains to be seen if Barnes is worth the investment, but I'm glad we're at least rolling the dice on him.
I don't think Cuban misread the salary cap issue at all. He had that right. What he misread was the desire of those FAs to come to a Dallas team that had no core group established.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote