View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #73
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
It seems to me Kidd always comes out flat in the first half of games. But really picks it up later on. Like he is reserving energy for the final push. If the team is getting blown out, we won't see that push. If it's close we usually do.
This is how Kidd has managed his game for years. Lay in the weeds early. Coaches over the years have depended on the guy way too much, 40 on some nights, thus it's helped Kidd manage his minutes, when to exude most effort and when to keep some in the tank. Look at the great ones, Kobe, MJ, they all looked for others early, why bust my ass for 40, when I can milk everyone early, then push it to the metal, late in the game, if needed. You get some involved early, they will be involved throughout. I think Kidd is a combination of managing his gas tank and involving the entire team early.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote