View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #72
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I kind of like Jack as a 4th guard, but I don't think he's a considerable upgrade over either Harris or Barea. $6M for an above-average bench player is probably going to end up being a pretty good deal. I would also consider, as a Mavs front office member, taking Jack from Brooklyn if they'd send us a 2nd-round pick for our trouble... then we can just waive him and take the $500k cap hit.

If the Mavs weren't clinging to every penny of cap space this coming week, I think Jack would be worth taking a look at... though he'll probably be available at $6M or less this summer as a free agent if he's waived.

Oh, so speculation is that the Nets are actually looking to dangle Jack as a way to take on salary and provide relief by a bigger free agent player, possibly at the cost of a draft pick. That's probably their best option right now... without control of their draft pick next season (Celtics have the right to swap, I believe?) they have no incentive to tank.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote