View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 12:43 AM   #47
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road
Default RE:George Karl says Rasheed Wallace a Mav?

Nash13: What MFF said. I don't like it when someone risks a serious injury to another player for no good reason (especially if that other player is a Mav).

Erica: I totally agree with your assessment. I think it would be a huge talent upgrade and would bring toughness to the team. Low post defense, weak-side shotblocking, low post scoring by your SG, plus a SG who will probably need fewer looks than Fin. You trade two comparable players (Fin and Wells), and you get the one who's on his way up. You clearly upgrade on the other player (Jamison and Wallace). While Jamison has more upside and Wallace is two years older, Wallace is clearly better. Like you said, from a talent standpoint this trade is a no-brainer.

It's just that I don't like Wells much. I wouldn't mind Wallace because he'd actually fill a need, and I do think he's mostly misunderstood (though quite confused). In addition, Wallace clearly seems to have superstar potential still in him, and I don't see that in Jamison.

I like your analogy to the Walker trade, but I liked Walker, from what I had read about him, as a person. I don't like what I hear about Wells at all, and the interview, imo, captures pretty well what sort of person he is.

Of course, best-case scenario, both guys clean up their act, Wallace fulfills his potential, and the Mavs sweep the Lakers in the WCF this year and go on to win 5 straight championships. One can dream, right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]