View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 06:58 PM   #75
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I'm not anti-gay. I'm pro prositution. Prostitution is a legitimate way for the underpriveledged to lift themselves out of the ghetto. A non-discriminatory industry where everyone gets an equal shot. Besides, isn't it simply an arrangement between two consenting adults exchanging sex for money? A crime without a victim? If this were truly a free society, people would be able to decide where and how they make their income. But instead, the wicked conservative right has legislated morality. I say let's put an end to it! End the prohibition on prostitution. Take the power out of the hands of the thugs and pimps. Give it back to the honest hard working men and women who give their hearts, soles, and crotches to this industry. It's a a pro-labor anthem even Karl Marx and Hilary Clinton would be proud of!

You talk about tax programs that steal from the rich and give to the poor? Well, we can tax prostitution just as we do gasoline, cigarettes, and horse racing. If we funnel those funds into school and community programs for America's impoverished...
Already done! Income earned from prostitution and other illegal activities is fully taxable. Many a career criminal has gone down due to tax evasion (Al Capone for example). The initial investigation into Heidi Fleiss was for non payment of income tax.

So, if anyone wants to pursue prostitution as a career choice remember you are more likely to avoid costly and career limiting legal problems if you pay tax on the income your earn.

Note: This post does not necessarily represent a viewpoint of pro or anti prostitution. Any reference to a political viewpoint, either liberal or conservative, is purely coincidental.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote