View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #866
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
ah, you and your shtick. and yes, it is said twice. and in both cases, it's ambiguous. but not to derail this onto bible interpretation.

yeah, the album didn't blow me away at first like elephant did... but i still loved it, and it's gotten better with every listen.

I'm really digging the new Ben Folds and Better Than Ezra, too. Coldplay was underwhelming at first, but i still liked it, and it's getting better.

Bravery makes me think to the 80's rock/dance bands, which is a great thing.
Now that I've lived with the album for a bit... it is not a great album. But it has highlights for sure. Red Rain and Instinct Blues stand out for me, but I will always enjoy the jam songs more than the slow tempo and cabaret style songs they like to produce.