View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #165
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You are withholding judgment EXCEPT to bang your head on your desk at the RIDICULOUS (your words, I think) that he would be better than Damp?

Way to withhold judgment, bro. How very, very openminded of you.

It's an interesting world you live in, where you "don't know what to expect" from Gortat, but you know damn skippy that it ain't gonna be good as Damp. Who's the guy with no grey area and no middle ground?

By your proclamations, it's the guy who "honestly do.not.know what to expect from Gortat." Hell, man, if you have absolutely zero clue, why are you ridiculing posters who believe he'll be better than Damp?

You need to get a hold of yourself.
Chum...seriously. This is a bit, right?

What I have taken exception to, from the beginning, is that some people consider Gortat to be better than Damp NOW. NOW! This very minute!

I have said, and will continue to say, that that notion is ridiculous. You can not make that statement about someone as inexperienced as Gortat. There is not enough evidence; not enough of a body of work.

I have never, at any point, spoken out against the notion that he might ONE DAY be better. This is a simple distinction. A very simplistic one. Which makes me think you're just doing bits here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote