View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't him that pissed me off as much as it was the fact that (and I am risking sounding like my father here) a group of youth appeared to truly think that a Pop song on the radio was the National Anthem. It was a sad testament in my mind to the importance that is placed (or in this place it seems is NOT placed) on teaching our youth American History. It's just sad really.

I laugh at him now. But last night I was slightly offended. But in his mind he was doing something for his Country so I guess that's somewhat admirable. Even if the song playing HAD BEEN the National Anthem and there WAS a Flag present I don't think I would confront someone not paying respect like they should.... and he did. The fact that he was wrong was sad, but at least he tried to do the right thing.