Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #755
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
It's not my argument. Scouts say Bagley abuses players undersized & less athletic than he is, but struggles against players bigger & stronger than he is.

Look at his first game vs Wake Forest when 7-1, 280 lb Junior Doral Moore plays just 17 min, and then look at how Bagley's scoring is impacted when Moore & fellow 7 footer Olivier Sarr's playing time goes up in the rematch. Is it a coincidence that Moore goes 9 for 9 from the field vs Bagley?

As I originally said, his production in the Virginia game basically a game against one White 6-10 stiff & a bunch of guys 6-7 & under. 6-7!!! I'm suppose to be blown away that he can get rebounds vs guys 6-7 and one White stiff who's 6-10. How does that matter when he steps on the court next year vs Detroit & he's trying to pull down rebounds vs Blake Griffin & Andre Drummond & every back up the Pistons have is more talented, with more size & more athleticism than anyone on Virginia's roster since 1983 & Ralph Sampson?

Like seriously, outside of the Texas & NC State game, which game can you really point to & say that shows what Bagley can do at the next level?

Edit: And isn't it at least a little troubling all of those games vs guys who primarily are 6-8 & under and Bagley plays 30-40 min and registers 0 blocks? How does that happen for a guy whose suppose to be an interior presence?
Your arguing your point with some real vigor... I can dig it

Reading through your posts, it seems like you are reaching quite often to prove your own bias correct. As previously stated, we could do this to any prospect which is why they are prospects. Its all a guessing game.

The question is does he have the skill set to translate to the NBA and potential + work ethic to continue to improve. Keep in mind that for many of these guys you can simply go back to their senior year at HS and summer ball to see how they faired against stacked competition. This was my biggest selling point to DSJ last year, and Porter Jr. this year. Bagley has always performed very well in these scenarios.

Again, I'm not saying I do not like JJJ. I am just struggling with putting him into the tier 1 (top 3) in this draft. Especially after watching today's game from start to finish.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 02-25-2018 at 08:06 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote