View Single Post
Old 03-13-2001, 02:28 PM   #15

I read a lot of the posts and to be honest, I think Nash is average at best. I don't think the Mavs have four capable scorers who can do it night in and night out. I think they have two, Finley and Dirk! As far as Finley goes not being a throwback player, he's the closest thing to it because he does something NO OTHER ALL-Star does and that's play defense. If you follow his career, he's always done what's been asked of him. When he was with the Suns, he was asked to get loose balls and play the toughest offensive player on the other team and he did so. He came to Dallas as that type of player. Then he was asked to score more he did. Then he was asked to carry the team and he did carry the offensive load. He is now asked to be more of a team player and he is doing so without complaining or a problem. That's why this team is going to be successful, because the team goes as their leader goes and their leader is doing a fine job. I don't think anyone should have a problem with his shot selection because for every bad shot he takes, he does five good things for it.