View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
it won't cost anyone their job. in fact, the initiative will spur job growth as the investments are made in the new technologies.
I don't buy it mavie. I can agree that it will create new(read different)jobs as resources are re-allocated. But from what I've read the expectation is that kyoto for example will dampen GDP, I see no way to spin that to "more" economic growth and more jobs. If you double the cost of gasoline for example it WILL effect the economy and jobs.

Quote:
it is a falacy to believe that countries that do not curb their levels of air pollution won't suffer an economic cost. the health expenses alone are a huge burden.
So somehow the chinese and indian economy's are LIMITING their growth by not complying with cleaner technologies? Bull honkey man. When you can sell a widget cheaper than the next guy, you win.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote