View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I too work under the bright lights of the corporate office environment. I got a B.S. in Computer Science, and then ended up in "Loss Prevention," which is interesting. Internal investigations, covert camera installations, exception reporting, inventory control...etc,etc... and some programming whenever and idea to improve upon current procedures strikes me.

I have an opportunity to move to a different department, if I learn VB 6 and a lot more SQL than I know now, for a very substantial increase in pay...but it would be infinitely more boring and tedious.
Well I took this job offer about 10 minutes ago. I get to do some of the things I do now, but mostly I'm going to be learning a lot of VB6 and some various machine languages. It's going to be boring.

But the money was the kind of jump in pay scale that you don't say no to. So I'm happy about that. Really happy about that.