View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #3458
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Hey, if the Celtics took a deal like that, I'd be 100% in support... but I don't think there's any reasonable package of players/picks we could offer that they'd really even consider. It would probably take a deal that involved us shipping out picks AND also taking on Jeff Green or (more likely) Gerald Wallace. At some point the team just doesn't have enough high-priced players that are worth trading in that scenario.

Quote:
This is clearly a shot at the Mavs. Morey probably can't sleep at night trying to figure out ways to get back at the Mavs for stealing Parsons, and this the best he could do. Wouldn't be surprised if next he signed Josh Howard to a vets minimum deal.
I doubt that very much... just adding a relatively low-cost (one year deal) veteran who has hit tons of huge postseason shots in his career. He's worth the risk if all you're trading is Alonzo Gee and a couple of second-round picks.

Quote:
Even if it had nothing to do with Dallas (which you don't know), Morey has been obsessed with Cuban and the Mavs for the past couple years... there's no arguing that. Even if HOU is just using Terry and the picks as trade bait, I garuntee the fact that Terry is one of the greatest and most beloved Mavs of all-time was at least in the back of Morey's mind when he made this trade.
Only in the sense that we're a division rival and that the Mavs are more in the Rockets' league than are the Spurs. I think people here are taking the Morey stuff a little too personally.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote