View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
You don't think Dojo has been showing "much better PG skills" than he has in the past? He is actually playing well more often than not, when previously he hasn't even really been usable.
Ah, I thought you meant "much better" in comparison to Collison, not to Dojo on the past. Yes, I would say Dojo has looked better. I don't know that I agree with "playing well more often than not", as even last night he had a really rough first half before playing well the second half.

I'm glad that Dojo is starting to look like he might belong on an NBA roster, in some capacity. But I'm not ever going to call for him to finish games or Collison. Collison is still young (he's only a year older than Dojo) and needs those experiences to learn. This isn't a title contender that should be fighting and clawing for every win. Our main goal this season is to figure out who from this temporary core can be built upon long term. Part of that process is allowing Collison to fail and see if he improves.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote