View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #74
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't understand people wanting Iggy over Johnson after watching a series and lamenting the fact that the offense too often devolves into praying Dirk will hit everything.

Andre Iguodala is not a legitimate second scoring option in a half court set. I think a wing playing next to Marion needs to be able to knock down a three point shot. There's a reason the Mavs started working on Butler's three shot the minute he got to town. I think Iggy could easily end up being a step down offensively from Butler at SG.

Now..as _c mentioned, if you can get Iggy without giving up Caron, and you play them together...now that's interesting. In that scenario, Iggy is your primary wing defender, and he's damn good at that. And Marion is your defender off the bench that can just about guard anyone you need him to. I would be on board with something like that, although I'm not intersted in Brand coming back with Iggy and neither are the Mavs.

But if you can get it done, Joe Johnson is a freaking home run imo. Not a grand slam like Wade or Lebron would be, but Joe Johnson on this team would be amazing, and I'm stunned that people are talking themselves into Iggy over JJ.
I'm doubtful Johnson is going to go anywhere, or if he does, I'm doubtful he's coming here.

I also hate the fact that he makes this team even more jump shot centric. Like we don't have enough jump shooters already.

That's the one reason I would consider Iguodala. He drives, dunks, plays good defense.

I don't like that we have two star, likely starting, wing players who can't shoot 3's worth a crap, but I think we can compensate for that with other high percentage shooters.

I suppose if Butler and JET leave and Joe Johnson comes, that jump shooting kind of cancels itself out, and I know JJ is a better jump shooter than the both of them, but I would really like to have a player who would prefer to drive before he shoots a 20 footer.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote