Thread: Wackonomics
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #91
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
Which businesses should get the subsidies? After all, even I would hire a person in the $50,000 dollar rate if the government paid for it. He could wash my clothes or something...

Where does the money come from? After all, government is a redistributor of wealth. It has to take from someone either through:
- taking out loans (passing the debt on to our grandchildren... yep, that worked out just fine during the last 30 years or something)
- creating money out of thin air (stealing purchasing power from those who cannot increase their income immediately after this money is entered into the economy - that is: the poor and the middle class)
- taxing people which is very unlikely
The most probably scenario is the creation of new money (in your scenario and in the stimulus scenario of Obama), which is only going to make the real endgame crisis that much worse - that is: the dollar crisis.

Government has and will never stop a recession. It can only create them or prolong them. If they reduced their burden on society they might even stop a recession - but that is what they never do.
Dude you totally missed my point, which was it'd be cheaper -by $200 billion- to just give every unemployed person a $50,000-backed job. It's not a recommendation, it's a critique of the current stimulus. If it takes $780 billion to not create enough jobs for everyone in America, then what the heck is it for?

Not to mention, my plan would freaking work tomorrow as opposed to 2011. And I came up with it at 11 PM on a Friday night while scratching my ass.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-07-2009 at 07:23 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote