View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:09 PM   #19
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:jasonterryneedstostart

Harris starting is one Nellie scheme that doesn't particularly bother me.....yet.

I think it's pretty clear that he is the Mavs' future at PG--the question is whether it's sooner or later. I think it's a good opportunity for Harris to learn, and it doesn't seem to be hurting the team yet either. My impression is that they're letting Harris learn at the start of the game, when the score is close, and then remove him if he starts to play poorly, or out-of-control, or if the other team begins to exploit himi.

Harris got pulled early against the Nets at least in part because they were posting the 6.7 Planinic against him. I think Daniels got some minutes at PG yesterday as much for defensive matchup purspose as anything else. (Imagine..... Nellie matching up for defense!)

Terry seems to be playing well within this rotation as well. He comes in fresh, gets to use his fouls over fewer minutes, and will probably get more minutes against either winded starters, or second-teamers.

Based on what I've seen out of Harris so far, I'm comfortable with him getting a chance to prove himself. I think it's a little early to be making a change that's seen as punitive, especially given how successfully they've started. If Harris is still making the same mistakes in January, then it make more sense to re-think the rotation, but for now, I'd say his potential justifies the approach.

Kudos to Terry for a good game today, but to be honest, I haven't seen him setting the world on fire either. If Harris is able to step up and take control of the position, Terry may become a trading chip.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote