View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #28
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I for one think that point of "stressing" over a new thread being made rather than keeping it all in one thread is more about message board politics/people wanting to look cool. I think this is a problem of quality of posters rather than thread count problem. If we had quality posters making quality threads, regardless if they are somewhat related then there shouldnt be a problem. There is though because wannabe thread police want to be owners of some dominion in life so they harp on what is "thread worthy" all day rather than contributing to the specific topic at hand. When horse makes a new thread saying "Mavs win! ~~" after a game when a recap thread is already made.. that is one thing. But when a quality poster makes a thread about a major trade being finalized, when another poster has already made a thread about the trade likely to happen, and another quality poster makes a thread about how these new acquisitions are going to fit in/how the rotation will work, etc.. I think that is OK. Some subtopics do deserve to be in separate threads for discussion. Not every thread needs to be at least a couple pages long in order for it to be quality.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote