View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #43
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The Mavs had 30 games last year as well to get over the hum,p and into the top half of the bracket. They were always within 1 or 2 games of getting that side. So far unfortunately this year is playing out like that as well. That is why the 30 games is meaningless.

The Mavs could get hot like Houston did last year and win 22 straight. But do you honestly see that happening? I most certainly do not. The Mavs will have to fight and claw their way to the top 4. And they have already had several chances to get in that spot so far this year.
So what's the point of playing the games if it's all meaningless? Let's just forget playing it out and go right to the playoffs!

The simple fact that Houston win streak happened should say "anything is possible." Can they have a repeat of their last 30 games of last season, they very well could...anything is possible.

Development, trades, injuries, etc. etc. etc. They're all going to play a role in how this plays out for Dallas and everyone else in the league. I highly disagree with you though that these 30+ games are meaningless.