View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
But the first 50 games all those things have played a role in the standings, and the Mavs haven't taken advantage of it. At some point you have to take advantage of opportunities. And when your opponent is down, that is the perfect time to take advantage of it. You don't get the same advantage when your opponent is own his feet.

The Mavs allowed the opponent on the ground the opportunity to stand back up. And who knows, will the opponent get on the ground again? I hope they will. But why make it harder on yourself? That is the problem this year with the Mavs. They play so hjard to stay right there with their opponent and as soon as the opponent is vulnerable, the Mavs do't seize the chance to take advantage of it.

Yall seem to think that the chances will always be there. It's like saying: we'll get them next time. That may have been the Mavs next time. That is the problem. You have to grab hold.
I would say the 4 game win streak was definitely taking advantage of opportunities...wouldn't you? The scores might've been closer than the game actually indicates, but they had control in those games pretty much the whole way. At least 2 of those wins were facing teams on the 2nd night of their B2Bs. They held control against a crappy Warriors team who always give us fits and they beat a solid up and coming Portland team. All 4 of those gamse showed strong examples of taking advantage of situations based on your opponent.

YES, they did lose to Utah, but Utah did IT'S job...taking advantage of an opportunity.

As YES, I will think that chances will always be there. This team is flawed and has issues, but we still have Dirk. If we have him, I'll never count them out.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote