View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #50
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And they would have to fight and claw their way to stay there if they were there right now. What's your point? You make it sound as though being top 4 with 2 months left in the season somehow locks a team into that place. There's hardly any difference between the Mavs' current position and the position they would be in if they were #3 or #4 right now. Still 2 months to go, either way.
Because it is easier to stay in the lead than it is to try and take the lead. That game gives them a cushion. The Mavs will have some slipups the rest of the year. But having a slip up when you are in control doesn't do as much damage as a slipup occurring when you aren't in control.

Quote:
would say the 4 game win streak was definitely taking advantage of opportunities...wouldn't you? The scores might've been closer than the game actually indicates, but they had control in those games pretty much the whole way. At least 2 of those wins were facing teams on the 2nd night of their B2Bs. They held control against a crappy Warriors team who always give us fits and they beat a solid up and coming Portland team.

YES, they did lose to Utah, but Utah did IT'S job...taking advantage of an opportunity.

As YES, I will think that chances will always be there. This team is flawed and has issues, but we still have Dirk. If we have him, I'll never count them out.
And that's my point exactly. The Mavs clawed their way to get the opportunity to get the 4th seed. And what happens when they finally get the chance to overtake those teams? They stumble and fall right back down. Now they have to claw their way again just to get the opportunity to overtake them. Instead of already being ahead of them and trying to put distance between them and the other teams.

Last edited by Bayliss; 02-07-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote